It’s here! This week has finally brought Fall to Houston, and as a bonus the release of the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book. Known as the kickoff to the holiday shopping season, the book is full of the fantasies to make your Christmas dreams come true. As always, Neiman Marcus never ceases to amaze us, but this year there’s whole new twist. Read the rest of this entry »
Posts Tagged ‘Retailers’
Tags: amfAR, Big Brothers Big Sisters, Double H Ranch, First Book, Gifts, Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center, Neiman Marcus, Retailers, Seasonal, Stone Barns Center, The Breast Cancer Research Foundation
Posted in Shopping | No Comments »
So, maybe I don’t get out as much as I’d like, although I feel that I am always on the run? However, while driving down West Alabama recently, my “trend radar detector” guided me towards Muse Boutique in The Centre at River Oaks. I had not made it by there in awhile and rumor had it that they were on top of all the latest trends and I found that to be just the case and from some of the hippest vendors around these days! Read the rest of this entry »
If you’re traveling to New York City any time soon and you’re like me, one stop on your city walking and shopping tour has to be Ralph Lauren’s Flagship Mansion on Madison Ave. & 72nd Street. Particularly if it’s during the holidays as it promises to be in the highest taste of visual splendor!
Chic Deals……Bargains are a girl’s best friend!!!!
Feel like you didn’t get quite what you wanted for Christmas??! (or Hanukah…….?!) Don’t fret, we have created a new page specifically to detail the fabulous sales retailers in Houston are having calledChic Dealsso you can get those desired items on sale! You will find posted there the information about the sale including the store, the location and the dates……… Lots of the retailers have offered extra special discounts specifically for you, the Chic Sheet reader!
Don’t forget about the other pages we have on the Chic Sheet:
Chic Boutique: An extensive list of Houston (and Austin!) boutiques including the names and the addresses……… if we missed your fave, don’t hesitate to let us know………
Chic Happening: Information about local Trunk Shows and/or Personal Appearances…. including dates, times, location and designer……
Chic Scene: A work in progress….. the spot designated to highlight the photos from the best fashion and/or events in town…. feel free to send us your photos from the fab events around town!
Chic Advisory: Got questions about what to wear to an event?? Or the proper way to wear a trend?? Send us an email and you will get a personal email reply from Roz!
CHIC FINDS…….Fashion News from London-town!
LONDON fashion, sites and nightlife were so fantastic that if I didn’t look so Italian, I could possibly become a BRIT? (probably not?!)……….
Let me share with you some HIGHLIGHTS of what I saw…….(I have so much info, but don’t want to put your blackberries on overload, so we’ll take it in phases)
First, WHERE to shop……
OXFORD CIRCLE…….the busiest spot in town; main reason: TOP SHOP, Kate Moss’s influences have mad this THE HOT SPOT…….I must say, there was so much creativity in one place! I was delirious with excitement here. URBAN OUTFITTERS, H&M and ZARA.……makes this the spot for the young and the young at heart/spirit to be.
HIGH STREET/LUXURY SHOPPING…….Oxford St.(Selfridges.….my favorite big store, going thru it’s 100th anniversary and much special product…..look for YELLOW!) Bond St. for all the best of the big designers; a must! Miu Miu did a display of amazing RED Shoes and I tried them all! Mount St. in Mayfair. Harrods, Harvey Nichols and Sloane St. in Knightsbridge. Also, King’s Road and Kensington High Street in Kensington.
ANTIQUE & OUTDOOR MARKETS……PORTOBELLO ROAD open air markets on Saturday mornings(thank you, Bill Stubbs!)was delightful and endless; also CAMDEN MARKET on week-ends and WESTBOURNE GROVE in Nottinghill had the most amazing foodstore/restaurant, DAYLESFORD ORGANIC.…exquisite! Cannot forget COVET GARDEN where Eliza Doolittle worked every bloody morning….it’s the old flower markets, full of shops and wonderful opera singers strolling around.
UNIQUE/ALTERNATIVE SHOPPING……Carnaby Street still lives on. Specialty shops such as OCTUPUS that takes everyday items and gives them a whimsical, fun treatment(bought lots here!), MUJI (thanks, Tina), a Japanese concept store with many great items at great prices.
NEXT POSTING……..TRENDS, coming next week!
London……I’m on my way!
I can’t believe that it’s finally here, but we are leaving today for London and I am so excited. It has been far too long since I’ve been to this great city! I am all packed with my planning books( ), my mags (British Vogue, Modern Luxury (this month had some great info on London hoods!), my camera……..got to take lots of street pics and of course, my charge cards…..hear the pound is doing well?!
Of course, I’m heading to Oxford Street, Bond Street and catch all of the biggies like Top Shop, Harrod’s, Selfridge’s, Harvey Nichols and even Boots and more I’m sure. However, I’m most excited about discovering lots of hidden treasures in the small, quaint out-of-the way places that I hope to just happen upon.
Stay tuned……..my plan is to blog about any extremely hip, wonderful things that I find on my journey, so please stay tuned and keep Texas nice ‘n hot for me when I return next week. (thought I’d give you something easy that I knew you could make happen!?!)
Photo: Ian Britton
CHIC HAPPENINGS…….There are some bright spots in Retailing!
The Merchandising Star Awards at Hotel ZaZa
Thursday, February 5, 2009, 11:30 a.m.
Yes, these days it’s hard to find a bright spot to talk about in the Retail world, but it’s not all dark and cloudy. In fact, there are some real STARS and they are being recognized by the University of Houston, College of Consumer Science and Technology at their Third Bi-Annual Merchandising Star Awards Luncheon benefiting The Merchandising Star Awards Endowment, which accomplishes many things, not least of which is scholarships for prospective Retail students.
This event is hosted by The University of Houston Merchandise Advisory Board representing many Retailers in the city and is being chaired this year by Philamena Baird and Lou DeLone. It’s emcee, KPRC-TV News Anchor, Dominique Sachse will be presenting awards to the following for their outstanding contributions to the community.
**Target Stores……Retail Innovation
**Harris County Judge Ed Emmett…….Community Service
**Amy Mayfield……..EmergingStar; U. of H. Student Scholarship Award
For more information on attending this event, click on to…….http://www.tech.uh.edu/StarAwards/
It’s hard to believe that after sooo many years in Retailing, when I would leave my family all comfy at home to go to work for BLACK FRIDAY……and after swearing since then, that at home on this day is where I would be staying now, just because I CAN, I realize that during THESE TIMES, I need to SHOP SMART………so, I’m sharing with you some of the great ways YOU, Samantha and I can spend that day joining the SHOPPING frenzy!
If you want to walk off that lavish meal, have a heart for adventure and a desire to remain CHIC, then please check out some of the following great deals that will be available to you for the coming week-end from many of our FFRF’s (Favorite Fashion Retail Friends).
1. First…..NEIMAN MARCUS.,is running their storewide Designer Sale with savings up to 40% off now through the week-end and as a special treat……..this Friday, pet lovers prepare to lose your heart….yes, they will be opening their annual special SPCA windows with all of those adorable pets longing for you to ADOPT them and take them HOME FOR THE HOLIDAYS!
3. At BB1……..if venturing away from home is not for you……..just go to www.bb1classic.com where they will be launching their brand new website on Thanksgiving Day. If you visit online, it’s a 20% credit back to your card and a complimentary gift is waiting for your very first online purchase!
SPECIAL BB1 treat for THECHICSHEET BLOGGERS……..mention Chicsheet in store and receive 50% off storewide for Friday, Saturday, Sunday……..11/28-11/30. Thanks Callie!
4. COTTON CLUB is offering “The Too Good To Be True” After-Thanksgiving Event……Friday and Saturday only……Diamonds anyone? Not your thing……how about a Cotton Club Gift Card? Both yours with a $1,000 purchase…….for details click here!
5.MORE THAN YOU CAN IMAGINE’s Vicki Rizzo wants to offer you a chance to celebrate Thanksgiving savings with her, ALL WEEK long…..click here… and you’ll see the surprises in store for you……..discounts will change daily! If you’re away this week……munching your turkey in another locale, then drop by MTYCI on Tuesday evening, December 2 from 6:30 till 10:00 for special shopping, special discounts (10%), spirits and all benefitting Girls and Boys Harbor.
6. At MUSE, they are having a “THANKFUL FOR OUR CUSTOMERS SALE” with Holiday Attire, Office Gifts, Stocking Stuffers and other “perfectly unique” gifts for that special person……….with almost everything in the store 20% off Tues. thru Saturday of this week…….please check out www.musehouston.com for more specifics!
7. New Jewelry Designer, Marie Duncan for Pomp and Circumstance wants all to know that if you make a cyber-trip to her website, all of her modern, affordably chic jewelry offerings are available online for 10-30% off for this week-end. Check out www.pompandcircumstanceonline.com.
8. From our favorite Texas sister-city………OH BABY!/OHBABYAUSTIN.COM,the chic boutique on Bee Caves, has some on-line specials for our Holiday Kick-off………featuring their luscious Robes, Special “It’s in the Bag” off any Women’s “Bag & Gear” purchase and $10 off Coupons on purchases over $25…….. makes shopping with these ladies FUN, CHIC and SMART!
9. The popular 2nd STREET DISTRICT store SHIKI is now online, www.shopshiki.com. Take 20% off all regularly priced bags, belts, scarves and jewels, November 28-30.
10. Last but NOT LEAST……take advantage of ADELANTE’S annual After Thanksgiving Sale this Friday and Saturday. Fall fashions will be marked down 30-50%………plus complimentary gift-wrap!
Enjoy…………..Happy Thanksgiving to all!
Latest from the Blog
Email Sign Up
Sign up for our FREE newsletters now!
The Chic Sheet on Twitter
Last 4 tweets from myredglasses:
Upcoming Chic Happenings
2nd Annual Curry Crawl