This is the week that style mavens who love a good bargain or have that champagne taste on a beer budget can really hit the jackpot. The city has been over-taken by great values, and if you are a truly smart shopper, you can find many wardrobe builders at prices that won’t break your bank.
The following are a listing of many of Houston’s Top Stores and the values they have in store for you this week.
**Neiman Marcus Last Call; 1/5 – 1/11; up to 65% off in all categories
**Tootsies Takes Off; 1/5 – 1/15; up to 70% off in all categories
**Saks Sale; currently going on; up to 65% off
**Nordstrom Winter Sale; 50% off Men’s & Winter Sale; 65% off Designer Collections
**BB1 Classics; currently going on; 75% off all
**Cotton Club; currently going on; 75% off
**Haut Chocolat; 50-75% off winter clearance
**Muse Boutique; 50+% off
**A Bientot; 1/14 – 1/21; Semi-Annual Sale; huge savings (20-99% off) on all merchandise in store.
**Rebecca & Drew; current; up to 75% off select items
**Dimensions; currently going on; up to 70% off
**Culture Map Fashion On Sale Event; West Ave; 30+ vendors in one shopping place; VIP, 1/13; general sale 1/14 – 1/15
Helpful Hints on Shopping a Sale (am I preaching to the choir?):
- Buy classic, seasonless pieces that will enhance your wardrobe or replace the overly-worn. Refrain from buying random pieces that are cool but are a question as to a closet companion….those are the pieces we usually get rid of when I do women’s closets!
- Buy out of your normal reach in price, step it up a notch; your chance to purchase Designer if you are a Contemporary customer, etc.
- Excellent buys on Social Occasion and Evening looks….dresses, evening bags/shoes, great jewelry; hard to find when you need them and you can afford to pay less for higher quality!
- In Houston, buy Outerwear & heavy sweaters. Highly perishable to Retailers, so priced to sell. At CPW (cost per wear), you want quality, but the weather here doesn’t always justify the high original prices.
- Designer Shoes, always should be the first place you hit, Shoe sizes are hard to come by, so shop for shoes early & you can get some great finds.
- Accessories are great pick up items for yourself, your fam & friends; makes for great giftables to buy and store in that gift drawer for the future…..nice home items are great for this purpose as well.
- Know the trends and look for a few pieces that will take you into the next season….BUY FORWARD.
- Take a quick closet inventory and maybe make some notes on some misses in your closet….always helps to have a plan….and bring a friend for that honest opinion.
Here’s a Sneak Peek at some of Spring/Summer 2012 Trends to store in your IBrain when you are perusing those racks……
Color: Hot Pink for Resort, now; Yellow will dominate; Tangerine (Pantone calls it Tangerine Tango, almost Red) and then all of the hot Neons for later….and don’t forget WHITE, the runways were full.
- Lady-like Skirt Suits
- Pencil Skirts
- Leather all year long in separates and dresses, newest is coated leather
- Colored bottoms, mostly denim
- Chic sporty
- Shorts continue in all varieties
- Bare midriffs/cropped tops are returning
- All decades represented…..’50’s, 60’s, 70’s, ‘20’s dominant with many designers
- Global trends…Aztec/batik prints, Raffia
- Prints, Prints, Prints….head to toe